Outline of Ofuna Botanical Garden
Ofuna Botanical Garden was opened in 1962 on the site of the Kanagawa agricultural experiment station for promotion of ornamental plant production and flower gardening.
Visitors can enjoy a variety of flowers, including Peony and Japanes Iris which have been improved and cultivated on this site since the Taisho period (early 20C), and can be seen only in this Garden. We also grow and display excellent ornamental plants collected from home and abroad with a focus on the systematically-gathered roses and rhododendrons.
The Garden has come to have over 3,000 taxa of plants, which give various colors to the Garden in each season.
Various events are held regularly, such as exhibitions of flower and greenery and gardening seminars/consultations so that many visitors can enjoy learning about plants and develop familiarity with them.
- Plants in the Garden: about 3,000 taxa
- Peony: 210
Japanese Iris:120 taxa
Roses: 370 taxa
Tree peony: 120taxa
Cherry blossom(Sakura):40 taxa
Information for Visitors
- Opening hours:
- Mar. to Oct.
9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Nov. to Feb.
9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Days closed:
- Mondays (except ones that fall on national holiday, etc.)
Days after national holiday
(except ones that fall on Sat., Sun. or national holiday, etc.)
Year-end and New Year days (Dec.29 to Jan.3)
- Admission fees:
- 20years & over (excluding students) ￥400
（￥350 for a party of 20 or more people)
The annual passport ￥2000
- Students & under 20 years ￥200
（￥150 for a party of 20 or more pepole）
The annual passport ￥1000
- High school students & 65 years and over ￥150
（￥100 for a party of 20 or more pepole）
The annual passport ￥1000
- ※Students & under 20 years ,high school studens, pepole over 65 years and pepole with disabilities required to present ID.
- ※Pets are not allowed in the Garden.
- 16-minute walk from the west exit “Kannon-gawa” of JR Ofuna Station, or
take the Kanagawa Chuo Kotsu Bus at the JR Ofuna Sta. west exit bus station No. 1 bound for Fujisawa Sta. via Watauchi or for Shiromeguri-nakamura via Kokaido-mae. Get off at “Okamoto” bus stop.
- Parking information
- 109 standard-sized cars and 5 large cars
Standard-sized cars: ￥200/h, ￥100 for every additional 30 minutes
Large and medium-sized cars: ￥620/h, ￥300 for every additional 30 minutes
(￥20 out of the parking fee goes to tree-planting campaign.)
- ※Parking lot is very crowded during the tourist season between March and June, and November. We recommend using public transportation when visiting.
- Address: 1018, Okamoto, Kamakura City, Kanagawa Prefecture 247-0072
- Peony (best viewing season: May)
- Rose (best viewing season: May to Jul., Oct. to Nov.)
- Rhododendron (best viewing season: April)
- Japanese Iris (best viewing season: June)